Terms and Conditions
Vehicle Booking System (VBS)
- Health, safety, and security
1.1. You must ensure that all of your drivers, other employees, agents and contractors (Personnel), vehicles, equipment and delivered containers entering our Facility, at all times, comply with:
- A. Transport Operators shall comply with all New Zealand Law including the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and the Land Transport Act 1998.
- B. The Conditions of Entry published on our website.
- C. Our designated access routes.
- D. Traffic and barrier management plans (available on request).
- E. Wear the appropriate PPE.
- F. Adhere to speed limits.
- G. Give way to hoists.
- H. Adjust pins and twistlocks in designated areas only.
- I. Stay in their vehicle cab at all times in operational areas.
- J. All other directions and instructions, signage and other operational, security, health & safety or environmental processes, procedures, plans, policies and requirements notified or otherwise published by us from time to time.
- Health, safety, and security 1.1. You must ensure that all of your drivers, other employees, agents and contractors (Personnel), vehicles, equipment and delivered containers entering our Facility, at all times, comply with:
Arrived Early Any Truck that arrived 16 minutes or more before the Zone commenced Arrived Late Any Truck that arrived 16 minutes or more after the Zone ended Check In Process whereby the Transport Operator arrives and advises the depot of Drop off or Pick up information Confirmed A VBS Timeslot booking that is successfully received by ContainerCo’s system List Process associated with releasing a confirmed VBS Timeslot that is no longer required No Show A VBS Timeslot that is un-utilised On Time When a Truck arrives and is processed within the booked Zone Registered User Individuals nominated by the Transport Operator to use the 1-Stop VBS on their behalf Transport Operator The Transport Company, their employees and contractors undertaking work on behalf of the transport company VBS Timeslot Booking slots made available in Zones for Transport operators to book Zone The 60-minute time zone Transport Operators select when booking a VBS Timeslot
- 3.1. You must register your entity (and each individual proposed to use the VBS as a “User” on your behalf) by completing the relevant online application 1-Stop Connections. You warrant that you are authorised to provide personal information of Users to us in connection with use of the VBS. The Privacy Statement on our website governs our collection, use and disclosure of such personal information. We may audit and track your (and your Users) use of the VBS.
- 3.2. Trucks arriving representing Transport Operator’s that have not registered an account with 1-Stop will not be serviced.
- 3.3. If we accept your registration application, we will email you a username and password. Your registration, username and password are for you only and are not assignable or transferable to any other person. You must keep your username and password secure and confidential and not disclose them to any other person. You are responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under or through the use of your username and password (or that of any registered User).
- 3.4. You must notify us immediately you become aware of any unauthorised access or use of the VBS and take any action which is necessary or which we may reasonably require to prevent any further unauthorised access or use.
- 3.5. All Transport Operators arriving at a ContainerCo Facility will be required to have a valid VBS Timeslot booking. VBS Timeslots are to be booked through the 1-Stop website VBS (1-stop.biz) and must be made in advance of arriving at the depot.
- Using the VBS
- 4.1. From VBS “go-live”, containers may only be delivered or collected to our container facility during timeslots booked and confirmed through the VBS in accordance with these terms and the VBS User Guide published on the VBS related website.
- 4.2. To confirm a timeslot booking, we must have received all information and documentation we require for the delivery or release of that container.
- 4.3. A timeslot booking is for you only and not transferable. Once a timeslot booking is made (whether or not confirmed), it cannot be cancelled, and you are liable for all applicable charges for that booking unless you release (known as List in the VBS) the booking and that timeslot is booked by another VBS user.
- 4.4. When using the VBS and delivering or collecting a container from our facility, you must at all times comply and ensure all of your drivers, other employees, agents and contractors (Personnel), vehicles, equipment and delivered containers comply with.
- Booking and Booking Parameters
- 5.1. Zones
- 5.1.1. Zones are 60 minutes and commence on the hour during the depots hours of operation.
- 5.1.2. Zones will be made available for booking 72 hours in advance.
- 5.1.3. The Transport Operator must arrive within the booked Zone to be processed as ‘on time’. Discretion of up to 15 minutes either side of the Zone may be used to process bookings where possible.
- 5.1.4. If the Transport Operator arrives before the Zone has commenced or after the Zone has ended, the depot reserves the right to request the Transport Operator to exit the depot and either return during the booked Zone or rebook.
- 5.1.5. If the Transport Operator arrives 16 minutes or more before the Zone commences and the depot elects to process the booking, the VBS Timeslot will be considered “Early” and the associated fee will be applied.
- 5.1.6. If the Transport Operator arrives 16 minutes or more after the Zone has finished and the depot elects to process the booking, the VBS Timeslot will be considered “Late” and the associated fee will be applied.
- 5.2. Drop Off VBS Timeslots
- 5.2.1. Transport Operators must book a “Drop Off” VBS Timeslot for each individual container they want to return to a ContainerCo Facility.
- 5.2.2.All fields populated when booking a “Drop Off” VBS Timeslot must be true and correct. If any details are incorrect ContainerCo reserves the right to refuse entry.
- 5.2.3.If a container does not have a pre-existing acceptance, the Transport Operator will be required to confirm the drop off site with their customer and select the correct drop off site when they book.
- 5.3. Pick Up VBS Timeslots
- 5.3.1. Transport Operators must book a “Pick Up” VBS Timeslot for each individual container they want to collect from a ContainerCo Facility.
- 5.3.2. A “Pick Up” VBS Timeslot must be confirmed a minimum of 60 minutes in advance prior to the start of the zone.
- 5.3.3.All fields populated when booking a “Pick Up” VBS Timeslot must be true and correct. If any details are incorrect ContainerCo reserves the right to refuse entry.
- 5.4. Listing VBS Timeslots that are no longer required – “List”
- 5.4.1. If the confirmed VBS Timeslot is no longer required the Transport Operator may “List” the VBS Timeslot.
- 5.4.2.If the VBS Timeslot is listed more than 60 minutes prior to the commencement of the zone, no fee will be incurred.
- 5.4.3.If the VBS Timeslot is listed 0-59 minutes prior to the zone commencing, it will be made available for re-use.
- 5.4.4.If the VBS Timeslot is listed then reused, the VBS Fee will be charged to the Transport Operator’s account that utilized the VBS Timeslot.
- 5.4.5.If the VBS Timeslot is listed and remains unutilized, the VBS Fee will be charged to the Transport Operator’s account that originally confirmed the VBS Timeslot.
- 5.4.6.The VBS timeslot must be utilized for the same zone and cannot be moved to an alternative zone.
- 5.5. Failing to arrive
- 5.5.1. If the Transport Operator does not arrive to “Drop Off” or “Pick Up” as per the VBS Timeslot booked, the booking will automatically become a “No Show” and the associated fee will be charged.
- 5.6. Manual Processing
- 5.6.1.If a Transport Operator requests the depot either verbally or in writing to manually book a truck in to “Pick Up” or “Drop off”, and the depot is agreeable, a manual processing fee per container will apply. Transport Operators must be registered in order to be processed manually.
- 5.6.2.If a Transport Operator requests additional VBS Timeslots be made available in a Zone and the depot is agreeable, a manual processing fee per container will apply.
- 6.1. By registering and utilising the VBS it is accepted that the registered Transport Operator must pay all applicable VBS charges set out in the Fee Schedule.
- 6.2. ContainerCo reserve the right to review the Fees associated with booking VBS Timeslots. Any changes to VBS Fees will be communicated via Broadcast through the 1-Stop system and the Terms and Conditions will be updated.
- 6.3. Fees listed in the fee schedule are exclusive of GST.
FEE SCHEDULE FEE DESCRIPTION – As at 8 May 2023 (Excl GST) FEE VBS Timeslot Fee
Charged per confirmed booking for “Drop off” or “Pick Up
Refer to attached letter Early Arrival Fee
Applied in addition to the VBS Timeslot fee for each VBS Timeslot serviced 16 minutes or more prior to the commencement of The Zone
Refer to attached letter Late Arrival Fee
Applied in addition to the VBS Timeslot fee for each VBS Timeslot serviced 16 minutes or more after the end of The Zone
Refer to attached letter No Show
Applied in addition to the VBS Timeslot fee for each VBS Timeslot booked but not utilised
Refer to attached letter Manual Processing Fee
Applied per created manually on behalf of the Transport Operator
$50 Reconnection fee
If access to a ContainerCo facility is restricted a reconnection fee per restricted facility may apply.
- 7.1. You must pay all applicable VBS charges set out in the prevailing fees schedule.
- 7.2. Invoices are raised every Tuesday for all activity for the preceding week.
- 7.3. Invoice payment terms are fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice.
- 7.4. All invoices are payable in full, without any set-off or deduction by the due date and in the manner specified on the invoice.
- 7.5. If any amount is not paid when due, interest and enforcement costs may be imposed by us in accordance with our Standard Conditions of Business.
- 7.6. Access to ContainerCo facilities could be restricted if these charges are not paid by the due date. A reconnection fee of $50 +GST per facility may apply.
- Dispute Resolution
- 8.1. Fee’s may be disputed through the 1-Stop website via the billing extract review function.
- 8.2. Waiver request must be submitted no later than 10 am on Monday for the 7-day period prior. The carrier must provide sufficient information to support the dispute to allow for a thorough investigation.
- 8.3. If notice is not given within the above timeframe, then the invoice must be paid in full.
- Warranty of authority and accuracy
- 9.1. You warrant that:
- 9.1.1.You have all necessary right, power, authority, and legal entitlement to access and input information about, and deliver and/or collect, those containers that you and your Users deal with using the VBS.
- 9.1.2.All data and information you and your Users input into the VBS is accurate and complete.
- 9.2. You must use your best endeavours to ensure that no virus, Trojan horse, worm or other malware is transmitted to our internal systems and networks, in accordance with good industry standards.
- 9.3. Any information made available through the VBS is confidential and may only be used for the delivery or collection of containers to/from our facility.
- 9.1. You warrant that:
- 10.1. You use the VBS at your own risk. The VBS is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We cannot, and do not, guarantee access to or availability of the VBS; that information in or accessed through the VBS is current, accurate or complete; or that your use of the VBS will be uninterrupted, timely, and secure, or error or fault free. All warranties (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded.
- 10.2. To the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for any damage, liability, loss or expense suffered or incurred by you in connection with your (or any User’s) use of the VBS; or your (or any User’s) inability to use the VBS, access our Facility or deliver or collect containers using the VBS. If for any reason we cannot rely on this exclusion of liability, our liability to you will be limited to $100 and in no event will we be liable to you for any loss of profits, savings, goodwill or business opportunity or for any indirect or consequential loss.
- 11.1. You indemnify us from and against any loss, cost, liability, claim or expense (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by us in connection with your and your Users’ use of the VBS (including any data and information you and your Users input and any unauthorised delivery or collection of containers), any property damage caused by any act or omission of your Personnel, or any breach of these terms.
- Suspension, termination, and cancellation
- 12.1. We may, in our absolute discretion, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice:
- 12.1.1. Accept or reject, with or without conditions, any VBS registration application.
- 12.1.2. Suspend or terminate your VBS registration, any or all of the access/use rights of any User or VBS operations generally (in whole or in part).
- 12.1.3. Release or revoke any timeslot or booking.
- 12.1.4. Take any other action we consider desirable to protect the security or integrity of our Facilities, the VBS and/or our systems or to carry out maintenance or upgrades.
- 12.1. We may, in our absolute discretion, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice:
- 13.1. These terms, together with the other documents referred to in these terms, are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the law in the country in which our Facility exists and for which the VBS is being used and constitute the entire agreement between us for the access and use of the VBS.
- 13.2. If any provision of these terms is held by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to the extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable without altering its meaning or intent or, if that is not possible, that provision will severed from these terms. In any event, the remaining provisions of these terms will remain in full force and effect.
- In accepting above Terms you also agree to accept ContainerCo T&C’s which can be found on our website www.containerco.co.nz.